Turkey Bacon Eggs Benedict
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 30 Mins Cooking: 10 Mins
- 1 400gm packet Barossa Fine Foods Turkey Bacon
- 4 Brioche Buns
- 50 gm Baby Spinach
- Herbs (to garnish)
- 12 Free Range Eggs
- 200gm Butter
- 1 tbls Lemon juice
- 1 tbls water
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the hollandaise, separate 4 eggs & place the yolks into a glass or metal bowl. Melt the butter over a low heat & transfer to a jug with a spout, allow to cool slightly (the butter must be at room temperature before whisking into the egg mixture)
- Add the lemon juice & the water to the egg yolks, whisk the egg yolks over a pan of simmering water until light and fluffy.
- Remove the bowl from the heat & gently whisk in the melted butter a little at a time, being careful not to whisk in the milk solids. Once all of the butter has been incorporated, taste & season with the sea salt and a little more lemon juice if needed.
- Poach the remaining eggs, panfry the bacon & toast the brioche buns.
- To serve, butter the toasted buns, top with baby spinach, turkey bacon and the poached eggs. Ladle over the hollandaise sauce & garnish with chopped herbs & ground black pepper.