Sticky Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders
Cuisine: Australian / American Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 1 Min
- 1 Quantity Sticky Bourbon Pork Hocks (see basic recipe)
- ½ Cup of cooking liquid from Pork Hocks
- 12 small Brioche Buns
- Chipotle Mayonnaise, see below
- 2 Cups lettuce mix
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- 1 cup of good quality store bought mayonnaise
- 1 tbls Chipotle (in Adobo sauce - available in supermarkets)
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Combine all ingredients together & mix well, will keep in fridge for 7 - 10 days
- Allow Pork Hocks to cool slightly, remove all of the meat from the hocks & break apart with fingers or pull using two forks
(Dig the forks into the meat & then work the forks away from each other, or use one fork to hold the meat, and the other to rake it into shreds)
- Mix the warm cooking liquid through the shredded meat.
- Heat the Brioche buns in the oven, once warmed through cut in half & butter.
- On the base of each bun place a little lettuce mix, then top with the pulled pork, spoon on a little chipotle mayo & garnish with fresh herbs. We’ve used snow pea tendrils but coriander would also work well.
- Place bun tops on & serve or leave as an open style like we have in the photo.