Smoked Chorizo & Thyme Butter
Published 2nd December, 2019
Cuisine: Australian / Spanish
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 5 Mins
- 1 Barossa Fine Foods Smoked Chorizo
- 250gm Butter
- 1 tbls Thyme leaves
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Sea Salt Black Pepper
- Remove the butter from the fridge & allow to soften.
- To prepare the chorizo, roughly chop the chorizo into pieces, place into a small food processor and process until the chorizo is a medium to fine crumb.
- Place the chorizo into a cold fry pan (do not add any oil) & cook over a medium heat until crispy, drain on paper towel & place into the fridge until cold.
- In a large bowl, place the butter, chopped thyme, paprika , sea salt & pepper. Add the chorizo crumb and mix together with a fork until all ingredients are combined and the butter is light & fluffy.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on the bench & spoon the mix along one edge of the paper, roll up the paper into a thick cigar shape and twist the ends, place in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up before use. Once set cut off slices and serve at room temperature.
- This butter will keep well in the fridge for 5 days and may also be frozen.