San Choi Bao
Published 1st January, 2019
Cuisine: Asian / Chinese Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 10 Mins
- 500gm Barossa Fine Foods Pork Mince
- 1 tbls peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbls Oyster sauce
- 1½ tbls kepjas manis
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 150gm (tinned) water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup roasted cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 butter lettuce
- Separate & wash lettuce leaves thoroughly, keep in the fridge until required (this will keep the leaves nice & crisp)
- Heat wok over high heat, add peanut oil & Sauté garlic & ginger for 1 minute
- Add pork mince & stir fry until the pork mince is cooked & starting to brown.
- Add the water chestnuts, sesame oil, oyster sauce & kepjas manis, cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped spring onions.
- Serve on a platter with the lettuce leaves, chopped coriander, cashewnuts & a little extra