Rump Steak With Chargrilled Figs; Baby Carrots & Radicchio Salad
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 2
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 20 Mins
- 500gm Barossa Fine Foods MSA Graded Rump Steak
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- 1 Bunch baby carrots
- 3 Figs
- ½ Radicchio lettuce
- 1 Cup baby spinach leaves
- 100 gm Persian feta
- Micro herbs (optional)
- Balsamic glaze (available at grocer)
- Heat a BBQ grill plate or griddle pan over high heat, brush rump steak lightly with olive oil and season with a little freshly ground black pepper & sea salt. Cook the steaks on one side until the first sign of moisture appears. Turn steaks once only, allow to cook for a further few minutes & remove from heat, allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- To prepare the salad, wash and trim the tops of the baby carrots, blanch in boiling water for a few minutes, refresh in iced water. Pat dry & brush with a little olive oil season with salt and pepper, grill on the BBQ plate, slice figs in halves & brush with oil, grill. Cut the radicchio into eighths, arrange on a serving platter with the carrots, figs and baby spinach, scatter the Persian feta over the top of the salad. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper & herbs, serve with balsamic glaze.