Porterhouse with Sweet Potato Wedges, Thyme & Chilli Salt
Published 2nd December, 2019
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 15 Mins Cooking: 40 Mins
- 4 Barossa Fine Foods 'Santa Gertrudis' Porterhouse Steaks
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 8 Small Sweet Potatoes
- ½ Bunch of Thyme
- 1 tbls Dried Chilli Flakes
- Preheat an oven to 180℃, wash the sweet potatoes and pat dry. Cut into wedges, place the wedges in a single layer on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with olive oil , sprinkle with a little sea salt & scatter the thyme sprigs over the potatoes. Roast in the oven until golden brown & cooked through.
- For the chilli salt, in a small bowl combine 3 tbls of sea salt flakes with the chilli flakes and gently mix together.
- Heat the BBQ Grill plate or a heavy based pan over high heat. Season the Porterhouse Steak with Sea salt & black pepper, drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Place the Porterhouse on the hot grill plate, allow the meat to caramelise on one side (approximately 3-4 minutes before turning) Cook the other side for a further 3-4 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving with the sweet potato wedges, chilli salt & green salad.