Porterhouse with Red Wine and Shallot Glaze & Rosemary Potatoes
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 30 Mins
- 4 Barossa Fine Foods Porterhouse Steaks
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 600 gm Baby potatoes, skin on
- 6 Sprigs of Rosemary
RED WINE & SHALLOT GLAZE
- 16 Small Shallots, peeled & halved
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- 150 gm Butter
- Preheat an oven to 180℃, cut the baby potatoes in halves, place the potatoes in a single layer on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with olive oil , sprinkle with a little sea salt & scatter the rosemary sprigs over the potatoes. Roast in the oven until golden brown & cooked through.
- Heat a heavy based pan over high heat. Season the Porterhouse Steak with Sea salt & black pepper, drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Place the Porterhouse in the hot pan, allow the meat to caramelise on one side (approximately 3-4 minutes before turning) Cook the other side for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the porterhouse from the pan, set aside. Add half of the butter to the pan and place the halved shallots in the pan, allow to caramelise on both sides, add the red wine to the pan & flame off the alcohol. Add the beef stock and simmer the sauce until reduced by half, stir in the remaining butter. Taste, season with sea salt & black pepper.
- Serve the steaks with the glaze, rosemary potatoes and steamed green veggies.