Pork Sausages With Onion Gravy & Mashed Potatoes “Bangers & Mash”
Published 1st January, 2019
Cuisine: Australian / English Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 20 Mins
- 8 Barossa Fine Foods Pork Sausages
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbls Butter
- 1 Large Brown Onion, sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbls Plain Flour
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- 2 tbls Tomato Chutney
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Thyme, chopped
- Heat a large frypan over a medium heat, add the olive oil & cook the pork sausages until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter, onions and garlic to the pan, cook until the onions are golden brown.
- Add the flour and mix with the onions and cook for 2 minutes, add 1 cup of the beef stock, mix in well and then add the remainder of the stock and the tomato chutney.
- Season with the sea salt & pepper, simmer for a few minutes, stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Add the sausages back to the pan to heat through, sprinkle with the chopped thyme.
- Serve with creamy mashed potato