Pork Loin Roast
Published 1st January, 2019
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 25 Mins Cooking: 1 Hr 30 Mins
- 1 Barossa Fine Foods Pork Loin Roast (approx 1.5kg - 2kg)
- Vegetable Oil
- Sea Salt
- Remove the Pork Loin roast from the packaging, pat dry with paper towel. With a small sharp knife score the skin at 1 cm intervals being careful not to cut into the meat.
- If time allows, leave the roast uncovered in the fridge for one hour before cooking.
- Place roast on a wire rack in the sink & pour a jug of boiling water over the rind, pat dry thoroughly with paper towel.
- Rub the rind with oil and sea salt, massaging well into the scored areas.
- Place the roast on a wire rack inside a deep roasting tray & cook at 240°C in a preheated oven for 40 minutes. Do not open the oven door during this time.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C & cook for 30-35 minutes per kg.
- Pop the vegetables in the oven now.
- Once cooked, let the roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the roasted vegetables and gravy.