Mild Italian Sausage Pizza
Published 1st January, 2019
Cuisine: Italian / Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 1 Hr Cooking: 15 Mins
- 1 ½ Cups Warm Water
- 2 tsp Dried Yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- 3 Cups Plain Flour
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 4 Barossa Fine Foods Mild Italian Sausages
- 200 gm Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
- Sugo Sauce
- 14 Large Green Pitted Olives
- 100 gm Rocket Leaves
- Combine the warm water, yeast & sugar in a jug, stir and set aside in a warm place until bubbles form, approximately 10 minutes.
- Place the flour & sea salt in a kitchen mixer bowl, using the dough hook, add the water mixture to the flour slowly.
- Mix until the dough comes together.
- Continue mixing for 2 minutes, cover with plastic film and set aside in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
- To prepare the sausages, remove the sausages from their skins and break into pieces approximately 2 cm in size. Heat a fry pan over a medium heat and cook the sausage pieces until just cooked, remove from pan & put aside.
- Preheat pizza oven or conventional oven to 200℃, divide the pizza dough in half and roll out on a lightly floured board.
- Top the pizza base with sugo sauce, layer with the cooked sausage pieces, green olives and sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Cook in the pizza oven until the base is cooked and the cheese melted & golden brown, serve with fresh rocket leaves and freshly ground black pepper.
- Makes 2 Medium sized pizzas