Smoked Leg Ham, Cheese & Swiss Mushroom Souffle Omelette
Published 19th December, 2019
Cuisine: Australian / French Serves: 2
Preparation: 30 Mins Cooking: 15 Mins
- 200gm Barossa Fine Foods Ham on the Bone
- 100gm Swiss Brown Mushrooms
- 1 tbls Italian Parsley, finely chopped
- 50gm Butter
- 100gm Persian Feta
- 6 Eggs, separated
- ¼ Cup Cream
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbls Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- ½ Cup Baby Spinach Leaves
- Roughly chop the ham of the bone
- Slice the Swiss brown mushrooms, in a frypan over a medium heat sauté the ham for a few minutes then add the butter & mushrooms, sauté until golden brown and just cooked through, remove from the pan, set aside.
- Place the egg yolks, cream & parsley in a large bowl, season with sea salt and black pepper and whisk to combine.
- Place the egg whites in a seperate, clean bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form. Gently and carefully fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over a medium heat, add the olive oil and pour half of the egg mixture into the pan, cook for a few minutes until the bottom starts to turn golden brown, top with the ham & mushrooms, crumble over the Persian feta. Fold over to enclose.
- Sprinkle with the grated parmesan & baby spinach. Serve immediately,