Duck & Veal Sausage Cassoulet
Published 1st January, 2019
Cuisine: French Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 15 Mins
- 8 Barossa Fine Foods Duck & Veal Sausages
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Small brown Onion, chopped
- 1 (400gm) can Butter Beans
- 1 (400gm) can Chopped Tomatoes
- 150gm Roasted Red Capsicum, sliced
- 1 tbls Italian Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Sage, finely chopped
- Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- In a heavy based fry pan heat the olive oil and cook the Duck & Veal sausages until brown on both sides.
- Remove the sausages from the pan and set aside, add the chopped onions and garlic, sauté until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, drained butter beans and the roasted capsicum.
- Season with sea salt & black pepper, return the sausages to the pan, cover & allow to very gently simmer for 10 minutes (or until the sausages are fully cooked & the sauce has thickened.
- Stir through the chopped parsley & sage and serve.