Cranberry, Apple & Port Glazed Ham
Published 19th November, 2019
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 40 Mins
- 1 Barossa Fine Foods Whole or Half Ham on Bone
- 1 Cup Cranberry sauce
- ½ Cup Port
- ¼ Cup Apple juice
- ¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 1 tbls Dijon mustard
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Whole Cloves
- Preheat oven to 190℃.
- In a small saucepan bring the Cranberry sauce, Port, Apple juice, sea salt, Dijon mustard & Cinnamon stick to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Prepare Ham by removing the rind and with a small sharp knife score the fat in a diamond pattern, raking care not to score into the meat.
- Push a whole clove into the centre of each diamond & cover the shank with foil to prevent it burning. Place ham on a lightly greased rack over a pan lined with baking paper.
- Brush ham with glaze and bake for 35-40 minutes, basting with glaze every 10 minutes or till ham is golden and caramelised.