Chorizo Filled Chicken Breast Wrapped In Pancetta
Published 1st January, 2019
Cuisine: Australian / Mediterranean Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 30 Mins
- 4 Barossa Fine Foods Free Range Chicken Breasts
- 1 Barossa fine foods Chorizo, finely chopped
- 6 Sage Leaves, finely chopped
- 100gm Tomato pesto (store bought)
- 12 Barossa Fine Foods Pancetta Slices, thin
- 40-60gm Baby spinach leaves
- 120gm mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 tbls Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180℃
- In a bowl mix together the diced chorizo, chopped sage leaves & tomato pesto.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts, on one side place a layer of baby spinach, chorizo & tomato pesto mixture, top with mozzarella cheese.
- Close chicken breasts carefully, wrap each breast with 3 slices of pancetta & secure with toothpicks or tie with string.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat & cook the chicken breasts for 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to an oven tray lined with baking paper & cook in the oven at 180℃ for 20-25 minutes, Allow to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving