Chorizo Chipolata Baked Eggs
Cuisine: Spanish / Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 15 Mins
- 8 Barossa Fine Foods Chorizo Chipolatas
- 4 Eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbls Olive oil
- 1 small Red Capsicum, deseeded & chopped
- ½ Small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 400 gm (can) Butter Beans
- 400 gm (can) Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Sprigs Thyme
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Remove the skins from the chipolatas & break into 2 cm pieces, heat a heavy based pot over a medium heat.
- Sauté the chorizo in the olive oil until browned, add the onions & garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, butter beans & thyme. Season with sea salt & black pepper, simmer over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce has thickened a little.
- Preheat oven to 200°C, divide the chorizo mixture (while still hot) between 4 ramekins or small serving dishes.
- Make a well in the centre of each dish and crack an egg into the centre & place 2 cherry tomatoes on each dish (not on the egg)
- Place dishes on a tray & place into the oven for 10-12 minutes, a little longer if you like your eggs more cooked.
- Remove the dishes from the oven & sprinkle with extra thyme and serve with chargrilled chiabata loaf