Chicken, Sun-dried Tomato & Basil Sausage Tray Bake with Pesto
Published 12th October, 2021
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 40 Mins
- 600-800gm Barossa Fine Foods Chicken, Sun-dried Tomato & Basil Sausages
- ¼ Kent Pumpkin
- 2 Spanish Onions
- 300gm Cherry Tomatoes, on stems
- Olive Oil Spray
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Snow Pea Tendrils or Salad Leaves
- 30gm Parmesan, grated
- ¼ Cup Toasted Pinenuts
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 ½ Cups Basil Leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ Cup Parsley Leaves
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 200℃
- To make the basil pesto, in the bowl of a food processor, process the parmesan, pinenuts, garlic, basil and flat leaf parsley until everything is finely chopped. With the motor running drizzle in the olive oil until well combined. Season with sea salt & black pepper.
- Deseed and cut the pumpkin into wedges about 2 centimetres thick, place in a large baking tray lined with baking paper, next peel the onions, cut into halves and then quarters, place on the tray with the pumpkin and season with sea salt. Nestle the sausages in between the vegetables and spray with the olive oil spray.
- Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the pumpkin and sausages are cooked through. 15 minutes before the pumpkin is cooked, spray the cherry tomatoes with a little olive oil and place on top of the sausages and pumpkin.
- Once cooked remove from the oven, serve on a large platter, tip over any pan juices and top with fresh basil leaves and snow pea tendrils. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper.
- Serve with the basil pesto.