Cambridge Chipolata “Toad In The Hole”
Published 1st January, 2019
Cuisine: Australian / English Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 35 Mins
- 500 gm Barossa Fine Foods Cambridge Chipolatas
- 1 ½ tbls Olive Oil
- ⅔ Cup plain Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 tbls Thyme, chopped
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 200℃, in a heavy based deep frypan over a medium heat, brown the Cambridge chipolatas in the olive oil, place pan in the oven for 5 minutes once the sausages have browned.
- Sift the flour & a pinch of sea salt into a bowl, make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and thyme.
- Add to the flour, whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Remove frypan from the oven (do not drain off the oil)
- Pour the batter over the sausages, return the pan to the oven & bake for 30-35 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown, serve immediately