Belgium Waffles with Crispy Bacon & Maple Butter
Cuisine: Belgium / Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 10 Mins Cooking: 10 Mins
- 400gm Schulz Bacon, thinly sliced
- 8 Belgium Waffles
- 100gm Butter, salted
- 3 tbls Canadian Maple Syrup
- Extra Maple Syrup, to serve
- To make the maple butter, allow the butter soften at room temperature, using a kitchen mixer, place the butter and maple syrup in the bowl and whisk for 2-3 minutes until combined and fluffy, chill slightly in the fridge before serving.
- To prepare the bacon, preheat the oven to 180℃, line a baking tray with baking paper, remove the rind from the bacon with a small sharp knife then arrange the bacon on the tray in a single layer. Place in the oven and allow to cook until crispy, turning once whilst cooking. Drain on paper towel once cooked, keep warm.
- Heat the Belgium waffles in the oven at 180℃ for 5 minutes until warm, serve on warm plates layered with the crispy bacon, maple butter & extra maple syrup.
- Belgium waffles are readily available in good quality supermarkets, or you could make your own waffles
- Maple butter will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks