Beef Red Wine And Meaty Speck Casserole
Published 1st January, 2019
Cuisine: French / Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 30 Mins Cooking: 2 Hrs
- 1 kg Barossa Fine Foods Diced Beef Bolar
- 200gm Barossa Fine Foods Meaty Speck, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 can cherry tomatoes
- 2 Anchovies (optional)
- 1 ½ Cups Red wine
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 6 Sprigs of Thyme
- Olive Oil
- Plain flour
- Sea salt & Black pepper
- Season the diced beef with sea salt & black pepper then lightly dust with the plain flour. Shake off excess flour and cook the beef in small batches in a heavy based casserole dish until browned on all sides, set aside.
- Add the meaty speck to the pan and cook for a few minutes, add the onion and garlic and cook for another few minutes. Add the browned diced beef back to the casserole dish along with any juices.
- Add the red wine, beef stock and can of cherry tomatoes to the casserole dish, add the bay leaves, sprigs of thyme & anchovies.
- Allow to come to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover with a lid, allow to cook on the stove top for two hours, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid for the last half an hour of the cooking time to allow the sauce to thicken.