Beef Bolognese Sauce
Published 1st January, 2019
Cuisine: Italian Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 1 Hr
- 1 kg Barossa Fine Foods Beef Mince
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 x 400gm (cans) Cherry Tomatoes
- ¼ Cup Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 4 Anchovies (optional)
- 1 tbls Brown Sugar
- Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the olive oil, onion & garlic.
- Cook until soft and fragrant, add the beef mince and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the mince has browned.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine, anchovies and brown sugar.
- Allow to come to the boil then reduce heat to a gentle simmer, cover with a lid and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid, taste and season with the sea salt and pepper, allow to simmer for a further 10 minutes with the lid off.
- If the sauce is a little thick, add a small amount of water. If it is not thick enough, continue simmering with the lid off for a few more minutes.
- Serve with pappardelle, grated parmesan & fried sage leaves.