Barbecued Prawns Wrapped in Proscuitto
Published 6th December, 2019
Cuisine: Australian Serves: 4
Preparation: 30 Mins Cooking: 10 Mins
- 12 Angelakis S.A. Raw Prawns
- 6 Barossa Fine Foods Prosciutto slices, thin
- Vegetable Oil
- ¼ Cup Dill Fronds
- 1 quantity Salsa Verde
- 1 Cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 Cup Basil leaves
- ½ Cup Mint leaves
- ½ Cup Dill fronds
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbls baby capers, drained
- ½ Cup Olive oil
- 2 tbls lemon juice
- Sea salt & ground black pepper
- Place the fresh herbs, garlic & baby capers in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add the olive oil in steady stream, mix until well combined. Add lemon juice & mix well, season with sea salt & ground black pepper.
- To prepare the prawns, devein the prawns by cutting along the back of the prawn with a small sharp knife & removing the vein. Hold the prawn firmly in your hand & starting at the tail end insert a wooden skewer, push all the way through to the top of the prawn.
- Cut the prosciutto slices in halves, lengthways. Starting at the top of each skewer, wind the prosciutto around each prawn.
- Brush the prawn skewers with a little vegetable oil & grill on a preheated BBQ until the prosciutto is crispy and the prawn is cooked through, this will only take 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a platter, scatter with some dill fronds & serve with the salsa verde.
- Serve with meat, chicken or fish. Keep in the fridge for 7-10 days