Asian Chicken Salad With Chilli Pork Crackling
Published 1st January, 2019
Cuisine: Asian / Vietnamese Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 1 Hr
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Litres Cold Water
- 2 Cups Shaoxing wine
- 4 Spring Onions, halved & cut length ways
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Knob Ginger, sliced
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 small Packets Bean Thread Vermicelli noodles
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 100 gm Snow Peas, blanched
- ¼ Cup Vietnamese Mint
- ¼ Cup Coriander
- 1 large Green Chilli, sliced
- 100 gm Chilli Pork Crackling Shards
- Nuoc Cham Dressing, to serve
- ¼ Cup Fish Sauce
- 2 tbls White Sugar
- ¼ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbls Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Green Chilli, thinly sliced
- To prepare the chicken, in a large saucepan combine the water, shaoxing wine, spring onions, ginger, garlic & sea salt.
- Bring to the boil, add the chicken breasts and bring back to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, place a lid on the saucepan and remove from heat.
- Let it stand for 45 minutes, remove breasts from stock & cool.
- Once cooled, slice.
- Prepare the noodles, place noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water for 5-8 minutes, drain.
- Place the noodles on serving plates & top with the chicken, sliced cucumber, Vietnamese mint, coriander, snow peas and sliced green chilli.
- Sprinkle with roughly chopped chilli pork crackling shards and serve with nuoc cham dressing.
- To make the dressing, in a small saucepan combine the fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and sugar. Heat over a low heat until just before it comes to the boil and the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Once cooled stir through the minced garlic and chilli.