Asian Chicken Salad With Chilli Pork Crackling
Cuisine: Asian / Vietnamese Serves: 4
Preparation: 20 Mins Cooking: 1 Hr
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Litres Cold Water
- 2 Cups Shaoxing wine
- 4 Spring Onions, halved & cut length ways
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Knob Ginger, sliced
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 small Packets Bean Thread Vermicelli noodles
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 100 gm Snow Peas, blanched
- ¼ Cup Vietnamese Mint
- ¼ Cup Coriander
- 1 large Green Chilli, sliced
- 100 gm Chilli Pork Crackling Shards
- Nuoc Cham Dressing, to serve
- To prepare the chicken, in a large saucepan combine the water, shaoxing wine, spring onions, ginger, garlic & sea salt.
- Bring to the boil, add the chicken breasts and bring back to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, place a lid on the saucepan and remove from heat.
- Let it stand for 45 minutes, remove breasts from stock & cool.
- Once cooled, slice.
- Prepare the noodles, place noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water for 5-8 minutes, drain.
- Place the noodles on serving plates & top with the chicken, sliced cucumber, Vietnamese mint, coriander, snow peas and sliced green chilli.
- Sprinkle with roughly chopped chilli pork crackling shards and serve with nuoc cham dressing.